I threw together these beans in about 5 minutes in the crockpot and ran out the door for the day. Oh, my! They were delicious. Just saying! They were good enough for a meal.
I always have homemade chicken broth in the freezer. If you buy roasted chicken or if you make it yourself, don’t forget to boil the bones before you toss them. Store it in the freezer and anytime you need some in a recipe, pull it out,
Also, a piece of bacon never hurts the taste! Again, just saying…..
I only had a little kale and decided to throw that in the last 30 minutes. I loved the addition.
But the smoked ham I used…..and only about 4 ounces of it…..was really good ham. It was not lunch meat but a ham that had been smoked over night by a local church. So, it was quite smoky and delicious all on it’s own. The flavor of it, along with the bacon, was awesome.
SMOKEY NAVY BEANS AND A LITTLE KALE
|Smokey Navy Beans and a Little Kale||
- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 4 oz smoked ham (cut in chunks)
- 1 piece of bacon
- 6-8 cups of chicken broth
- 3-4 cups of fresh kale
- 1/3 chopped onion
- Liberally sprinkle the following spices: salt, pepper, garlic powder, Adam’s Reserve SW Rub
- Cook all the ingredients except the kale on low in a slow cooker for 6-7 hours.
- The last 30 minutes, turn it on high and throw in the kale.
- Serve it as a side dish or add a little more liquid and serve as a soup with cornbread.
TUESDAY’S TASTY TIDBITS
Welcome to another week of Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits. Thank you so much for joining our blog party and I hope you will hop around and check out all the recipes and creative craft ideas.
As always, I am guest blogging at Grocery Shop for Free. Dian and I are old friends…..going on 30 years. I get so many great ideas from her and I encourage you to go over and check out all the “free” things she has found.
Here are a few rules for the blog party. The link up button is at the bottom of the post.
1. Link up anything that you have created. It doesn’t just have to be a recipe any more. The linky is at the bottom of the page.
2. Make sure you LINK BACK to us somewhere on your post.
3. Hop around and visit at least 4 other bloggers….maybe the ones listed right before or right after you did.
4. Enjoy creating this week.
Check out the parties I may be joining under the tab at the top of the blog.