Therefore, I am re-posting a recipe today. Hope you don’t mind.
|Dr. Pepper Chocolate Cake|
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown suger
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup Dr. Pepper
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (I am adding in the extra)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- About 2/3 bag of powdered sugar (not a box) How much is that?
- 1 stick real butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of cocoa
- Enough milk for right consistency…roughly 1/4 cup
- 2 tsp. vanilla (this is also a rough estimate because I pour)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, sugars, cocoa and baking soda into a bowl and set aside.
- Pour Dr. Pepper into sauce pan and add chocolate chips. Heat on low, stirring until the chips are just melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, vanilla and almond extract in mixing bowl and beat on medium for 2 minutes. Gradually add chocolate/Dr. Pepper mixture while mixer is running and beat for another minute. Gradually add the flour/sugar mixture.
- Divide into either two or three pans. I am into frosting, so I like three thinner layers. If you do this, make sure you alter your cooking time. For two layers, it calls for a cooking time of 30-35 minutes but with three layers, I think it only cooked for about 22 minutes. I always set the timer for less time and check it so that I can take it out AS SOON AS POSSIBLE for optimum moisture.
- Freeze the layers before icing..
TUESDAY’S TASTY TIDBITS
Welcome to another week of Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits. Thank you so much for joining our blog party and I hope you will hop around and check out all the recipes and creative craft ideas.
As always, I am guest blogging at Grocery Shop for Free. Dian and I are old friends…..going on 30 years. I get so many great ideas from her and I encourage you to go over and check out all the “free” things she has found.
Here are a few rules for the blog party. The link up button is at the bottom of the post.
1. Link up anything that you have created. It doesn’t just have to be a recipe any more. The linky is at the bottom of the page.
2. Make sure you LINK BACK to us somewhere on your post.
3. Hop around and visit at least 4 other bloggers….maybe the ones listed right before or right after you did.
4. Enjoy creating this week.