Bar Stool Redo

by Permanent Posies on April 13, 2012

I really wanted to buy some new bar stools.  Really I did!  But I just couldn’t let go of my old ones.  My kids grew up eating on those stools.  I am way too sentimental!

Ok…..I am frugal too.  Well, about some things.  Furniture buying is one of those things.  Really, all they needed was some paint, after all.

The bar stools are for a short bar…..which we had at our old house.  The bar in our new house (using the word “new” a little loosely, since we have been in it about 15 years), the bar is standard height and for most people, the bar stools are too short.  But for us…..since we are so tall…..we love the short bar stools.

So, I bought some paint.  What do you think?  I like the way it goes with the brick wall of the bar.  You can’t really see it in the photos but the color of the legs is kind of a gray and it pulls out the gray in the brick….which I didn’t really notice before.

Old Bar Stools, New Paint

I forgot to take a before photo and found this one from awhile back. The grandkids used to love to sit under them.  They were pink and white.  Really?  What was I thinking?

P1120286 P1120280

The paint for the legs was a satin finish and the color is called River Rock.  It is kind of a grayish tan.  The wicker is called Brown Metallic Hammered.  It looks really bronze.

So, while I had the bronzy looking paint out, I painted my little outdoor, rusted out table.  Cute!  I really didn’t even notice the bird on it before.

P1120291   new table

Beverly Koenig April 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Susan, the bar stools look great! They are sentimental, aren’t they? My kids also ate off those stools when they were growing up and staying at your house…I still eat off them when I am visiting! During my last visit, I did realize how short they were….funny how used to things we become, isn’t it? I think you did an awesome job on choosing the paint for both the legs and the wicker…I can’t wait to see them in person:) Your little patio table is adorable! Your creativty has always amazed me through the years we’ve been friends. Love you!

Becky April 15, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Great update–and what perfect little “cages” for the kiddos :) ! Thanks for sharing.

Natasha In Oz April 16, 2012 at 12:54 AM

You are so clever! I love the colours you chose. I think it’s great you re-used them too-we all need to do more of that!

I just want to invite you to join in with my weekly Say G’day Linky Party which started on the weekend. I would be so thrilled if you could join in and link up this wonderful post!

Best wishes for a fabulous week!
Natasha in Oz

six sisters April 17, 2012 at 9:13 PM

The stools look great! The color looks amazing! We’re so glad that you linked up to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We hope you’ll be back soon. -The Sisters

simona - artsy ants April 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM

it’s amazing what a little bit of color can do! great projects, thanks for sharing!
i’m thinking of getting a few cans too :)

Kelley April 19, 2012 at 2:03 PM

These came out great! I love the new colors.. spray paint fixes everything! Well.. most things :)

Thanks for linking up last week. Im sharing this on my facebook and twitter, so make sure to grab a featured button tomorrow!

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor April 22, 2012 at 5:11 PM

These look wonderful. Gotta love a good can of spray paint!! I’m so delighted that you linked up with us at Mop It Up Mondays! Have a great week!
{HUGS},