That title is a mouthful, isn’t it? But what do I leave out? I had seen the Asparagus Lasagna on Galley Kitchen but couldn’t find it again when I went to make this. I realized later that I had pinned it.
So, this is my made up recipe. I made it in a square baker and it was so good and so rich. We made it the whole meal. No salad….nothing. Of course, this was before I started Weight Watchers……cause trust me, I am not sure I would want to count the points.
Check out my Basil Spinach Pesto Cream Sauce from last Monday. I used that for the sauce. I am not saying this is a particularly quickly made dish. If you have your pesto already made and in the freezer, this will go faster.
|Asparagus Lasagna with Basil Spinach Pesto Cream Sauce||
- Batch of Basil Spinach Cream Sauce (see earlier recipe)
- 1 cup Salami
- 5 large Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/8 cup Eggbeaters
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- 4 oz Italian Blend Cheeses
- Make a batch of Basil Spinach Cream Sauce that I posted last week for Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits.
- Cook the lasagna noodles, enough for two layers in a square baker. Set aside.
- In the microwave, cook one bunch of asparagus for about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Melt two tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil in a skillet. Add sliced mushrooms and 1 cup chopped salami and saute. Set aside.
- In a blender, put the cottage cheese, Eggbeaters, and 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Now for the assembly, in this order…..Cream Sauce…Noodles…Cottage Cheese Mixture…Meat and Mushrooms…Noodles…Meat and Mushrooms…Asparagus…Rest of Cream Sauce…Italian Cheese Blend
Recipe for Basil Spinach Cream Sauce (Here)
TUESDAY’S TASTY TIDBITS
Welcome to another week of Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits. Thank you so much for joining our blog party and I hope you will hop around and check out all the recipes and creative craft ideas.
As always, I am guest blogging at Grocery Shop for Free. Dian and I are old friends…..going on 30 years. I get so many great ideas from her and I encourage you to go over and check out all the “free” things she has found.
Here are a few rules for the blog party. The link up button is at the bottom of the post.
1. Link up anything that you have created. It doesn’t just have to be a recipe any more. The linky is at the bottom of the page.
2. Make sure you LINK BACK to us somewhere on your post.
3. Hop around and visit at least 4 other bloggers….maybe the ones listed right before or right after you did.
4. Enjoy creating this week.