Asparagus Lasagna with Basil Spinach Pesto Cream Sauce

by Permanent Posies on April 2, 2012

That title is a mouthful, isn’t it?  But what do I leave out?  I had seen the Asparagus Lasagna on Galley Kitchen but couldn’t find it again when I went to make this.  I realized later that I had pinned it.

So, this is my made up recipe.  I made it in a square baker and it was so good and so rich.  We made it the whole meal.  No salad….nothing.   Of course, this was before I started Weight Watchers……cause trust me, I am not sure I would want to count the points.

Check out my Basil Spinach Pesto Cream Sauce from last Monday.  I used that for the sauce.  I am not saying this is a particularly quickly made dish.  If you have your pesto already made and in the freezer, this will go faster.

Asparagus Lasagna

Asparagus Lasagna with Basil Spinach Pesto Cream Sauce
Recipe Type: Entree
Author: Susan Root Merritt
  • Batch of Basil Spinach Cream Sauce (see earlier recipe)
  • 1 cup Salami
  • 5 large Mushrooms
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1/2 cup cottage cheese
  • 1/8 cup Eggbeaters
  • 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
  • 4 oz Italian Blend Cheeses
  1. Make a batch of Basil Spinach Cream Sauce that I posted last week for Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits.
  2. Cook the lasagna noodles, enough for two layers in a square baker. Set aside.
  3. In the microwave, cook one bunch of asparagus for about 1 minute. Set aside.
  4. Melt two tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil in a skillet. Add sliced mushrooms and 1 cup chopped salami and saute. Set aside.
  5. In a blender, put the cottage cheese, Eggbeaters, and 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano and blend until smooth. Set aside.
  6. Now for the assembly, in this order…..Cream Sauce…Noodles…Cottage Cheese Mixture…Meat and Mushrooms…Noodles…Meat and Mushrooms…Asparagus…Rest of Cream Sauce…Italian Cheese Blend

Recipe for  Basil Spinach Cream Sauce (
Here)

P1120025

P1120036
P1120038

P1120041

TUESDAY’S TASTY TIDBITS

Welcome to another week of Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits. Thank you so much for joining our blog party and I hope you will hop around and check out all the recipes and creative craft ideas.

As always, I am guest blogging at Grocery Shop for Free. Dian and I are old friends…..going on 30 years. I get so many great ideas from her and I encourage you to go over and check out all the “free” things she has found.

PeppersTuesdaysTastyTidbits-1_thumb_

Here are a few rules for the blog party. The link up button is at the bottom of the post.

1. Link up anything that you have created. It doesn’t just have to be a recipe any more. The linky is at the bottom of the page.
2. Make sure you LINK BACK to us somewhere on your post.
3. Hop around and visit at least 4 other bloggers….maybe the ones listed right before or right after you did.
4. Enjoy creating this week.

Jamie April 2, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Oh dear. Not sure if I should bless you or curse you with this recipe. It looks ah-mazing!

mjskit April 2, 2012 at 11:08 PM

What a great lasagne! Love all of the vegetables and the fact that you didn’t use noodles! This looks extremely tasty! Thanks for sharing and thanks for hosting this hop!

D @ The Shady Porch April 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I hope I didn’t over do it…I linked up 4 things tonight! I got a lot done last week because we’re on Spring break this week. I shared a couple of recipes, blog tips & fridge organization. Thanks for hosting! Have a great week.

Winnie April 3, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I just love spinach and loooooooooove basil, so this is a wonderful recipe for me especially when it look delicious.
I\ll omit the salami as I’m a veg. (and we don’t mix meat and cheese together anyway)

Thanks for hosting this party :)
Winnie

cassidy April 3, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Sounds like a seriously tasty combination! Glad you are back up and running with your food and link party. I look forward to seeing your amazing food creations :)

Miz Helen April 3, 2012 at 5:11 AM

This is a great Lasagna, it looks awesome! I am bringing my Cherry Pie to the party today, thanks for hosting and hope you have a wonderful week!

Jill@RealFoodForager.com April 3, 2012 at 5:59 AM

Hi,
I shared a recipe for grain-free apple kugel, purple pickled eggs. Also, an article about salt and the dangers of salt reduction and a grain-free Passover dinner menu.

Join the fun! I’m giving away 2 pounds of Celtic Sea Salt!

Thanks for hosting!

Tara @ Crock-Pot Ladies April 3, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Oh my! That looks good! I love pesto sauce. And I love lasagna using veggies vs noodles. I make one with portabella mushrooms that is so good. Thanks for the linkup! We linked up a Crock-Pot Lamb Chops and Crock-Pot Spinach and Chickpea Stew!

Micha @ blissful bites April 3, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Wow, that lasagna looks incredible! glad you had a nice break from the blogging/link partying and are ready for more :)
This week I’m sharing an easy 1-bowl meal: roasted veggie and chickpea quinoa bowl. It’s super healthy and suuuper delicious. Thanks for hosting again and have an awesome week!!

Michelle April 3, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Looks better than I imagined…and I imagined greatness!
Thanks for hosting. I brought an Easter dessert: Heavenly Hash Cake.

Verena April 4, 2012 at 9:36 AM

This Lasagne looks so good!
Thanks for teh Linky!

Happy Easter,
Verena

Sharon Hines April 4, 2012 at 8:51 PM

MMM, mmm! This looks sooooo good. I am going to have to pin this to my recipe board. Thanks for sharing!

sharon @ mrs. hines class

Angie Ouellette-Tower April 5, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I found you through 52 Mantels blog hop & I am now following you through “Linky Followers.” This asparagus recipe sounds wonderful! I love these blog hops – I am going to participate in your hop also – I placed your “button” on my community page.
Thanks
Angie

Trish Southard April 6, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Reinventing lasagna with asparagus is absolutely modernist cuisine. Wow! I am so excited to try your recipe. The family will not know what hit them!

Miz Helen April 9, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Hope you have a wonderful week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!

Raymondmah January 16, 2014 at 7:37 PM

[url=www.howlettart.com/]www.howlettart.com/[/url]
[url=http://www.howlettart.com/]fashion clothing[/url]
cheap nike shoes for man meet your budget needs.You can’t resist discount nike mens shoes,mens nike shoes sale,2013 nike dunk shoes,nike air foamposite,nike air force 1,nike air griffey max shoes with popular styles.
[img]http://www.howlettart.com/includes/templates/howlettart/images/brand/top03.png[/img]
http://www.howlettart.com/cheap mens basketball sneakers