Tortellini and Garlicky Parmesan Dip

by Permanent Posies on March 7, 2012

Garlicky Parmesan Dip

I have a favorite party dip that I have never taken to a party that I didn’t get asked several times for the recipe.  I didn’t make it up…..so I can’t claim it as my creation…but I have been making it for so long that I can’t remember who first told me about it.

This is simple and quite tasty.  Be careful not to be too heavy handed with the garlic.  If you are in love with garlic, add more.  If not, add less.  For me, I normally go with 3 cloves.

Tortellini and Garlicky Parmesan Dip
  • 1 16 oz jar Kraft Parmesan Grated Cheese (must be Kraft….unless you can find something comparable in flavor)
  • 1 16 oz jar Hellman’s Mayonnaise
  • 3-6 cloves garlic
  • 1/4–1/2 lemon, juice of (amount optional)
  • 2-3 bags of frozen tortellini (depending on party size)
  1. Mix first 4 ingredients for dip.
  2. Cook the tortellini until just done. DO NOT OVERCOOK them or they won’t be good for dipping.
  3. Serve the dip and tortellini COLD.
WordPress Recipe Plugin and Microformatting by EasyRecipe

Tortellini and Dip2

Linky Banner 3

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos March 7, 2012 at 8:03 AM

This looks fantastic! I love all of those wonderful flavors!

momto8blog March 7, 2012 at 9:09 AM

a perfect crowd pleaser!

Tara @ Crock-Pot Ladies March 7, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Mmm. That looks good. Real good! lol I never thought I liked tortellini until very recently and I love garlic and cheese so will have to try this! Thanks for sharing at Whip It Up Wednesday.

Erin @ A Crafty Cook March 7, 2012 at 3:00 PM

This looks so good. Too bad hubby detests tortellini, but I could probably think of some other stuff to do with that dip. I’d love it if you stopped by my link party to share this.

Cherish March 7, 2012 at 9:03 PM

So….do you use toothpicks to dip them? Tortellini seem too slippery to hold.

lisa March 8, 2012 at 10:23 AM

This dip sounds amazing! They used to sell a parm garlic dip at the store nearby and they suddenly stopped selling it. We’ve been trying to replicate it for years! We’ll have to see how this one is :)

Mary March 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Yumm! Garlic, parm and tortellini. What could possibly be bad about that combination? We have a lot of small gatherings where we do just snacks and hors d’oeuvres and I’m always looking for new recipes. This would be perfect! (BTW, My mother always said that when you’ve been making a recipe for a long time and 3 or more people associate that recipe with you, it’s perfectly OK to claim it as your own. LOL)

Stopping by from the party and newly following on Linky and Pinterest. Thanks for sharing this delicious dip!

Cheri March 11, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Add a can or two of artichokes and bake it and you have a great artichoke dip!

Katherines Corner March 11, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Oh yum, I bet it smells terrific too. Thank you for linking up to the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop linky party. Hugs and wishes for a lovely week ahead. P.S. The new giveaway has started!

D @ The Shady Porch March 12, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Yummy! We love everything in your recipe…so sure bet we’d love this dip! Thanks for sharing at the Rock ‘N Share!

Melissa March 13, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Yum! This looks delicious!

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims March 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Thanks so much for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday, I featured this tonight on my blog! Come on over and grab a button :) http://www.mygirlishwhims.com/2012/03/your-whims-wednesday-50-and-features.html

six sisters March 14, 2012 at 7:29 PM

This looks so yummy! Thanks for linking up to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We hope you’ll be back soon! -The Sisters

Erin @ A Crafty Cook April 1, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I just wanted to let you know that you’ve been featured on my blog today. http://acraftycook.blogspot.com/2012/04/1-month-of-fun-april-link-party-and.html