Versatile Marinated Vegetables

by Permanent Posies on February 29, 2012

Painted Peppers

Since I am blogging about marinated peppers, thought I would share a old painting I did several years ago.  You might recognize it as my Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbit’s linky party button.  Been having people ask about my paintings, so….there you go.

One of my favorite things to eat with chips is a chunky marinated vegetable.  Yum!  El Chico’s hidden little secret is their marinated carrots, onions and jalepenos.  They don’t bring them out unless you ask them.

My friends, Chris and Donna Hart, fill a really large jar with these colorful veggies and pour vinegar over them……let them marinade……and crunch them with chips.  How easy is that?  I mean, is this really a recipe?

Vegetables 4

Versatile Marinated Vegetables
Author: Donna Hart
  • 1 wide mouth quart jar
  • 5 organic carrots
  • 1 bell pepper
  • 1poblano pepper
  • 1 onion
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 2 cups apple cider vinegar
  • 3 tbsp sugar (optional)
  1. Chop all the vegetables in bite size pieces and layer them in a jar (for visual purposes). Mix the sugar and vinegar and pour over the top. Let marinade at least 24 hours. You can use half the vinegar and half water, for a little less tang. If you want a spicier mixture, add a couple of jalepenos.
  2. Serve over everything!

Martinated Vegetables4

Chips and Dips4

I have tossed these little babies over everything this week.  Here are some examples:

Nachos With a Twist—made with my Spicy Queso Blanco from the other day and Marinated Veggies on top (after the nachos cooked).

Nachos with a Twist

Baked Egg Cups—-made with half a toasted bagel thin, 1 tbsp of salsa and an egg in each muffin tin holder.  Top it with Marinated Vegetables…..of course!

toasted bagel   add an egg

Baked Egg Cup

Thought I would link up with some blog parties:
:sol mpm buttonmop it up mondaysThrifty Texas PennyFrugal AnticsThe Girl Creative Skip To My LouMyMeatlessMondaysMouthwatering MondaysOur Delightful HomeJam HandsKeeping It SimpleMaking your home sing MondaysLark's Country HeartHunk of Meat MondaysBecolorful Tip Junkie handmade projectsTempt my Tummy TuesdaysPhotobucket Mandy‘s Recipe Box Nap-Time Creations Tuesday To Do Party Confessions of a Stay At Home MommyI'm topsy turvy tuesdays Hearth & Soul Hop<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /> http://www.thethriftyhome.comFine Craft GuildCrock-Pot LadiesLaugh, Love, & CraftWCWjpglil luna link party button PhotobucketDining With Debbie Passionately Artistic Jam HandsGrab My ButtonPhotobucketThe Stuff of SuccessIt's Overflowing day2day joysJenny Matlock52 MantelstiltPhotobucketMiz Helen’s Country CottageAround My Family TableParty ButtonThe 36th AvenuefofPhotobucketPhotobucketFOODIE FRIDAY Click for detailsmonogramChic on a Shoestring Decorating PhotobucketThirty Hand Made Days

Tara @ Crock-Pot Ladies February 29, 2012 at 11:42 AM

What a great idea! Sometimes it’s those little things like putting it in the glass jar that makes all the difference. Beautiful!
Thanks for linking up on Whip It Up Wednesday!

Erika @ My Road to Savings February 29, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Yum! This looks beautiful! I bet it tastes great too! I am definitely pinning this one and can’t wait to give it a try :)

Janice March 2, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Beautiful post. I came from the Weekend Blog Hop.

Katherines Corner March 2, 2012 at 10:28 PM

lovely and delish. xo

Christina at I Gotta Create! March 3, 2012 at 8:47 AM

I love veggies and you give us so many great ideas for using them. I’m featuring you on the artist talent album on Facebook right away! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Igottacreate/100573240032625?sk=wall
Thanks so much for linking up!
igottacreate.blogspot.com
“Kiss Me I’m Irish” linky party now open

D @ The Shady Porch March 3, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Yum! It all looks good but I’d take the nachos now! lol! Great pics. Thanks for sharing at the Rock ‘N Share!

momto8blog March 4, 2012 at 9:35 AM

yes..I often do this…I love the chunky veggies too…this is also yummy on potatoes!!
i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Maria March 4, 2012 at 8:24 PM

I like the recipe, and REALLY like the painting! Very nice!

six sisters March 6, 2012 at 6:23 PM

This looks amazing! We loved having you join us at “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” Hope to see you back next week! -The Sisters

Trish - Mom On Timeout March 7, 2012 at 2:50 PM

So many great uses for these! Thanks so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!

Christina at I Gotta Create! March 9, 2012 at 10:24 PM

You are a STAR at I Gotta Create! Thanks so much for linking up. You can grab a feature button and see your project shining here: http://igottacreate.blogspot.com/2012/03/kiss-me-im-irish-features-week-3-and.html

Courtney @ {not so} homemade March 14, 2012 at 3:25 PM

This looks good! I went on a mission trip to Mexico one time and they served a carrot and jalepeno marinade with EVERYTHING! I never thought of carrots with those kinds of veggies before!

I hope you’ll stop by this week’s What’s New Wednesdays and link up more inspiring things!

cassidy March 15, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Just wanted to let you know that I featured this fabulous recipe!