Yea……I have been hoarding that cheese. It is so delicious and I hate that I will some day not have any more. Though, I will say that the Pecorino Romano that I buy from Costco, though only aged a year, is really quite good too (and you don’t have to travel to Parma, Italy to purchase it).
|Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits and Broccoli Parmigiano Reggiano|
- 1 Broccoli Bunch
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- garlic, salt and pepper (sprinkled liberally)
- 1/4-1/2 cup fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano (depending on your taste preference)
- 1/8 crumbs of French’s Fried Onions (or more)
- Cut the broccoli in to long stalks (trees with trunks).Steam the broccoli until just tender and place in a shallow pyrex or ceramic, oven safe dish.
- Make a Bechamel sauce by melting the butter in a skillet. Add the flour and stir until well mixed. The longer you cook the flour, the browner the cream sauce. I prefer mine pale.
- Add the milk and chicken broth and whip it smooth. Let it simmer and thicken. Add the Pamigiano Reggiano and let it simmer together until the right consistency. Sprinkle liberally with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour the cream sauce over the broccoli and zap it in the microwave until the broccoli is reheated. (or wait until last minute to cook broccoli) Don’t overcook the broccoli!! Top with crumbled French’s French Fried Onions.
Welcome to another week of Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits. Thank you so much for joining our blog party and I hope you will hop around and check out all the recipes and creative craft ideas.
As always, I am guest blogging at Grocery Shop for Free. Dian and I are old friends…..going on 30 years. I get so many great ideas from her and I encourage you to go over and check out all the “free” things she has found.
Here are a few rules for the blog party. The link up button is at the bottom of the post.
1. Link up anything that you have created. It doesn’t just have to be a recipe any more.
2. Make sure you LINK BACK to us somewhere on your post.
3. Hop around and visit at least 4 other bloggers….maybe the ones listed right before you did.
4. Enjoy creating this week.