I made this gluten free, so if you would prefer a regular cake mix, substitute the eggs, vanilla, butter and liquid for what ingredients are on the back of the box. Just make sure you use the pineapple juice or a pineapple flavored cake mix. Are you confused yet?
|Moist Pina Colada Cake|
- 2 Betty Crocker Yellow Gluten Free Cake Mixes
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple (draining and saving the juice)
- 1 1/3 pineapple juice/water (all the juice from the can plus enough water to make up 1 1/3 cups)
- 2 sticks butter
- 4 tsps vanilla
- 6 eggs.
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 can Lopez Cream of Coconut
- 1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 carton Cool Whip
- water (see below)
- Drain the pineapples, catching the juice. Put the juice in a two cup measuring cup and add enough water to make 1 1/3 cup of liquid.
- In a mixing bowl, put the 2 cake mixes along with the ingredients listed on the back (which are the vanilla, butter,eggs and liquid) and mix well.
- Add sour cream.
- Mix in the pineapples.
- Put batter in a greased 10×14 pan and cook at 350 until done (time listed on the back of the box, adjusting for the size of pan). If using a regular cake mix put it in a 9×13 pan instead.
- In a bowl, mix together 1/2 can of Cream of Coconut and 1 can Eagle Brand Milk.
- While cake is hot, poke holes all over it. Pour milk mixtrue slowly and evenly over the cake with holes.
- Let it cool completely and then refrigerate until cold.
- Mix the carton of Cool Whip along with the other 1/2 can of Cream of Coconut and spread over cold cake.
- Store this cake in the refrigerator.
TUESDAY’S TASTY TIDBITS
Welcome to Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits and guest blogging with Grocery Shop for Free. I really appreciate you coming back each week and joining in on the fun. Dian is posting my recipe on her blog….along with tons of free things to get out there in coupon land. So, go check it out.
I would love it if you joined in on Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits blog party. Just share your creative post (anything creative) at the bottom of this one and make sure you link back to us on your blog.
Here are a few blog parties that I just might be joining. Since I am going to the mountains this week, I may not get around to them all.