My husband had a birthday last week. He is really old…..haha. My, my, my……he can walk in the door after work and my heart skips a beat……after all these years.
This week, we celebrated the anniversary of our first date….36 years ago. That was on February 2nd and I love to hear him tell the story of the first time he laid eyes on me in Chemistry Lab. It took him 6 months to get me to go out with him, but that first “study date”, I knew I wanted to marry him. I have been cooking for him every since.
I asked him what birthday dessert he wanted this year and he said……Mango Pie. I should have known that by now. When we were young, he would ask for a Black Forest Cake. Then, for a few years, he would ask for this awesome dessert called a Fantastic Dessert (kind of a pudding cake). But every since he tasted Grady Spears Mango Cobbler, it is his favorite.
So here is my version.
|DEEP DISH MANGO PIE||
- About 3.5 cups of mangoes….5 ish
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar (cut this down to 3/4 cup for a lower sugar pie)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 pie crusts
- Peel and slice about 5 mangoes.
- Mix the mangoes, flour, sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Lay out a pie crust in a pie plate.
- Pour the mango mixture in to the pie crust and dot with 1/2 stick butter.
- Top with other pie crust. Crimp edges and cut a couple of slits in the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cover with foil for the first hour and uncover the last 15 minutes.
Welcome to Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits and guest blogging with Grocery Shop for Free. I really appreciate you coming back each week and joining in on the fun. Dian is posting my recipe on her blog….along with tons of free things to get out there in coupon land. So, go check it out.
I would love it if you joined in on Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits blog party. Just share your creative post (anything creative) at the bottom of this one and make sure you link back to us on your blog.
Here are a few blog parties that I just might be joining. Since I am going to the mountains this week, I may not get around to them all.