|Nine Pepper Soup|
- 2 carrots
- 1/3 large onion
- 1 large jalepeno
- 1 mini yellow bell pepper (or 1/4 large one)
- 1 mini orange bell pepper
- 1 mini red bell pepper
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1/2 cup Verde Sauce (canned or jarred)
- 1 can tomatoes with chiles
- 1/2 cup Chipotle Salsa
- 1 qt chicken broth
- 1 qt water
- 3 celery stalks
- 1small zucchini
- 6 small garlic pods (or 3 larger ones)
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp oil
- Chop all the bell peppers, onion, poblano, carrots, celery, zucchini, and garlic pods.
- Saute the carrots, onions, celery, and zucchini in 1/2 tsp oil first until tender. Set aside.
- Saute the peppers in the rest of the oil, adding the spinach leaves and garlic in after they are almost tender. Stir and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Boil the rotisserie chicken in water for about 30 minutes to make a good broth. You can use raw chicken for a richer broth but I always use leftover chicken for soups.
- De-bone the chicken.
- Add all the ingredients together and cook until the flavors are melded nicely….maybe 30 minutes.
By the way, welcome to Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits and guest blogging with Grocery Shop for Free. I really appreciate you coming back each week and joining in on the fun. Dian is still posting my recipe on her blog….along with tons of free things to get out there in coupon land. So, go check it out.
I would love it if you joined in on Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits blog party. Just share your creative post at the bottom of this one and make sure you link back to us on your blog.
Here are a few blog parties that I just might be joining.