Cinnamon Pear Tart and Pear Jam

by Permanent Posies on November 7, 2011

We were given some little pears from a friend’s tree that were so delicious.  They were hard and I kept thinking that they would soften over the next few days but they didn’t.  I only cut into one because it had a bad spot, which was getting bigger.  Oh, my goodness!  Was I glad that I did.  Not only were they quite tasty, they had a really nice texture.  I started with about 23 of them….but that number whittled down to only 15 today when I started making jam.

I also decided to make a pear tart, so only 12 of those suckers went into the jam.  My tart (a fancy name for a pie with only one crust) was so delicious that we were quite glad for my decision.

CINNAMON PEAR TART

3-4 small pears
enough water to cook pears in
1/8 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 pie crust (I used the kind in the refrigerated biscuit section that rolls out)

Cook the pears and cinnamon in a little water until tender.  Put pie crust in a 7” tart pan.  You could use a regular pie pan, if you don’t have a small tart pan.  In a bowl, mix the hot pears with the butter until it melts.  Add the flour and sugar.  Add to the pie crust and then pull the crust up over the fruit (as in the photo).  Cook at 350 for about 40 minutes or until crust is browned.  Serve with whipped cream from a can.  Yum!

P1090392  P1090393  P1090406  P1090410

CINNAMON PEAR JAM

12 small pears
1 tbsp lemon juice
water—about 1 inch
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups sugar
1 1/2 box pectin

Mix the pears with the lemon juice.  Cook these in about an inch of water with the cinnamon until they are tender.  Blend these in a blender until sort of smooth…a little lumpy.  Put back into the pan and add the sugar and pectin.  Cook until thickened.  I brought it to a boil and then cooked, stirring for about 20 minutes.  While this was cooking, I put the jars, lids and rings into a pan and brought them to a boil.  When the pears were ready, I pulled out a jar, ring and lid…..quickly filled it with hot pear jam….put the lid and ring on it….and turned it upside down on a towel.  This keeps the hot jam against the lid and will cause it to seal.  Let these sit about an hour and then turn them over to see if they sealed.  If one didn’t, use it first.

P1090397  P1090400

Welcome to TUESDAY’S TASTY TIDBITS.  I love that you keep coming back.  I am still guest blogging at GROCERY SHOP FOR FREE, so make sure you go check out her site for great deals and freebies.

PermanetPosies.com

Here are my reader’s favorite posts this week.  I listed the top 3, in order. #1—Yum-a-setta by The Bz House the Love Built

#2—Breakfast Nachos by Around the Family Table

#3—Lasagna Soup by The Shady Porch

#4—Italian Sausage and Peppers with Mushrooms by Tools for Kitchens

Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe

Here is one that I thought sounded delicious and had two ingredients….are three with the optional cheese….plus, it is low calorie and super easy…..right up my alley these days.  It is called Lime and Garlic Chicken Crock Pot Soup and it was submitted by Talking Dollar and Cents.

I  may be joining some of the following blog parties:

Every Day Sisters Sharing Sundays;

Frugal AnticsMyMeatlessMondaysMouthwatering MondaysJam HandsKeeping It SimpleMaking your home sing MondaysLark's Country HeartHunk of Meat MondaysBecolorful  Faith and Family, Homemaker Monday
Tempt my Tummy TuesdaysPhotobucketMandy‘s Recipe BoxNap-Time CreationsTip Junkie handmade projectsTuesday To Do PartyConfessions of a Stay At Home MommyI'm Topsy Turvy>Hearth & Soul Hop
WCWjpglil luna link party buttonPhotobucketRealFoodWednesdaysDining With Debbie http://www.thethriftyhome.comPassionately ArtisticGrab My ButtonCast Party WednesdayPhotobucketThe Stuff of Successday2day joys

PhotobucketTasty Traditions1331 Tasty Traditions: Halloween TreatsMiz Helen’s Country CottageAround My Family TableParty ButtonThe 36th AvenuetiltHome of Vintage Recipe Thursday

Photobucket FOODIE FRIDAY Click for detailsThirty Hand Made DaysfofFat Camp Friday ButtonmonogramPhotobucketPhotobucket

Talking Dollars And Cents November 7, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Thanks so much for featuring our recipe for Lime and Garlic Chicken Crockpot Soup. The Cinnamon Pear Tart looks amazing.

Miz Helen November 7, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Your Pear Tart looks delicious! Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week!

Jill November 8, 2011 at 5:02 AM

Hi,

I shared my Cranapple Sauce. I also shared an article
about the Challenge part of the Grain-Free Challenge and the Win for the Raw
Milk Freedom Riders!

Thanks for hosting!

Emily November 8, 2011 at 7:44 AM

Wow! That looks amazing. I want some right now!!

I’ve pinned you to my pinterest recipe board!

Home Brewing Kit November 8, 2011 at 9:13 AM

Hi, Susan. Your pear tart looks beautiful and that plate is gorgeous! Thank you for featuring my Italian sausage and peppers recipe and for the tip about posting early in a blog party (makes perfect sense, but I didn’t think of it).  Today, I shared an apple
strudel recipe
, a Lithuanian
blynai recipe
, and a Pennsylvania
Dutch turkey stuffing recipe

Thank you for hosting another festive party and have a great week!

Chaya November 8, 2011 at 9:23 AM

A recipe like this, makes me appreciate pears, even more.  It is a beauty and I can only imagine how good it tastes.

Breville Barista Express November 8, 2011 at 5:02 PM

Hi, Susan.  I shared my California
roll recipe
today.  Thank you
for hosting us and have a great day!

Folkhaven November 8, 2011 at 5:09 PM

I’ve been on a real pear kick lately. Not only does this sound beyond delicious, but it is so lovely to look at! I’d like to try the jam too.

Renae @How to Have it All November 8, 2011 at 7:18 PM

I rarely cook with pears but now I am inspired! It looks delicious! Thanks for sharing and thanks for the linky!

Little Mommy November 8, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Looks heavenly!  Thanks for hosting!  Enjoy the pretzels that I shared – my little one loved them and so do I!

Michelle November 9, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Your tart looks fantastic.  I always lean more towards tarts than pie.  Not sure why, maybe they just seem fancier.

Thanks for hosting–lots here today!  I forgot to answer your question last week.  I did read the Patricia Cornwell/loup garou book.  One of my favorite story lines by her!

Liz @ Two Maids a Milking November 10, 2011 at 11:06 AM

This sounds wonderful!! Thanks for linking up to 2 Maids a Baking!!

Joy of Desserts November 10, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Delicious. Such great ways to use up some wonderful pears. Thank you for participating at Joy of Desserts. Wishing you a great day. :-)

Miz Helen November 12, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week end and please come back soon.

Momstheword November 12, 2011 at 7:25 PM

That looks and sounds yummy and now you’ve got me craving something sweet, lol!  Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

Marie Rappleye November 13, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Thanks for sharing the recipe! So glad you linked up with us! Have a great week!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

Jami November 13, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Beautiful tart!  Thanks for sharing your yummy recipe at the Tuesday To Do Party!
Smiles!
Jami

Alea Milham November 14, 2011 at 10:54 PM

I love discovering new pear recipes since we have a large pear tree in our back yard. Although I don’t enjoy pears raw, I love baking with them. Thanks for sharing your delicious recipes with the Hearth and Soul Hop.

Laura Williams June 4, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Inviting you the Carnival of Home Preserving on my blog every Friday. Hope to see you there. Laura Williams’ Musings

The most recent edition – http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com/2012/06/carnival-of-home-preserving-13-come.html – open until Thursday 6/7.