This weekend, however, for our community kitchen, I will be using a recipe just to make sure they come out in nice clean meatloaf slices. It is one that I have not even tasted but our church cook uses it all the time with great reviews. I will let you know how it goes and would love your prayers for a successful kick-off event.
The meatloaf I made this week at home was not from a recipe, though I wrote it down for your benefit. It was so tasty and really served up nicely. I decided to share it for Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits. I am still guess blogging with Grocery Shop for Free and I hope you will check out the bargains and coupons over there.
Also, this is a blog hop so I hope you will add your recipe link at the bottom of the post. Just make sure you link back on yours.
|MEATLOAF BELL PEPPER BOATS|
- 2 large bell peppers (cored and halved)
- 1 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp Adam’s cumin
- 1/4 tsp Zataran’s cayene pepper
- 3/8 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Oats
- 1 small squash (chopped into small pieces)
- 3 cloves garlic (pressed)
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 3/8 cup Spice Exchange Hot Plum Chipotle Sauce (or any chipotle sauce)
- salt and pepper
- 3/8 cup Hunt’s Ketsup
- 3/8 cup Hot Plum Chipotle Sauce
- 2 hamburger buns (or pieces of bread)
- With your hands, mix all the loaf ingredients until well mixed.
- Form into 4 small balls and press into the bell pepper halves. Spread the topping on them evenly.
- Place the hamburger buns in halves into the pan and cut the peppers in half.
- Scoop out the seeds and place one stuffed bell pepper on top of each hamburger bun half. The bread will sop up any grease from the meat.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes until internal temperature is 165 degrees.
What’s Cooking Wednesday @ Tales From the Fairy Blogmother
Recipes I Can’t Wait To Try
What’s Cooking Wednesday @ Not So Homemade
Works For Me Wednesday
Real Food Wednesday
Whatever Goes Wednesday
We Did It Wednesday
Penny Pinching Party
Midweek Mingle Blog Hop
Mom’s Review 4 You Blog Hop
Simply Sweet Home Friday’s Favorites
Food on Fridays
Food Trip Friday
Fat Camp Friday
Fun with Food Friday
Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap
Weekend Gourmet Blog Carnival