A Dream and a Prophecy

by Permanent Posies on May 15, 2011

Have you ever had a dream that you knew was straight from God?  I know that often we get revelations in our dreams about awake matters but very seldom do we get a whole dream that we can say without a shadow of a doubt, God has just spoken to us.

I am not sure why I am thinking of this today but I once had a dream from God that was so vivid, I can still remember every nuance of it today and it was a prophecy and…..it has come true.  I thought I would write it down while I was thinking about it and praising my Savior for His incredible blessings.

The dream goes like this:

I opened my back door and was horrified to find that there had been an earthquake that had completely destroyed the backyard.  It had unearthed and broken a huge water main and the earth looked like hills and valleys.

I said, “Lord, this is unfixable and my back yard is in ruins."  I turned crying and went back inside at an utter loss for direction or ability to move forward.

After awhile, I opened the back door again because the Lord told me that he had fixed the back yard.  I couldn’t believe it and opened it quickly, only to be surprised at the scene before me.

All across my yard were very large steel plates covering every square inch of land.  The hand of God had pushed all the earth back into place, fixed the source for water and then sealed it with these metal plates.

I said, “Lord, it is wonderful that my yard is repaired but I must say that it is not what I had hoped for.  It is so scarred and ugly.”

He said, “Yes.  It is scarred and it is very different.  It will never be the same but it will always be repaired.  Think of all the good things about having a yard like this.  For one, your children can skate on it.  Who has a skating rink in their yard?

Second, it takes no maintenance.  You will never have to do it again.  You won’t have to mow or weed eat or ever worry about your source of water.

It will always be scarred but over time, it will become a thing of beauty.  It is so utilitarian.”

Now, you have to know that at the time, I was very wounded by a church situation.  That part of the story I am unable to share.  But the part I will share is that I was a broken person and I had no idea how to fix it.  I cried out to God day and night for help.  And then one night, he answered me in this dream.  He would be my advocate.  He would be my healer.  He would be my high tower that I could run to for help.  He would fix my heart and my life and though it would never be the same, I would always know that God was the one that rescued me.  “He pulled me from the miry clay and set my feet on the solid rock.”  He saved me.

Today, I worship Him for all that He is to me and for his immeasurable love.  In that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us…..to love us and to set us free.  He has the scars to prove it.

Joining with:

Ames May 15, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Amen!~Ames

Val May 15, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Very well said and oh how true it is!

Mom May 15, 2011 at 11:20 PM

This is a beautiful post, Suzie. I KNOW God healed you, but you never shared this dream with me.  It is an awesome example of how great our God is and how He takes care of his sheep.It sort of reminds me of the time I visited your church 24 years ago and a complete stranger, who was just passing through Arlington, came up and told me God had revealed to him that I had a son who was a heroin addict and that God told him to tell me that He would rescue him shortly.  And He did 2 weeks later. Knowing that God is in complete control, that His resources are sufficient to meet our neets,  and that He will NEVER leave us is a source of comfort, contentment, and peace, isn’t it? May He continue to bless you and yours!

Tamara July 1, 2011 at 2:04 AM

Thanks for joining Worship Him! So glad to have found another sister in Him! =)

Wendy February 1, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Thank you once again, all l can think is that He must be bringing me back. My daughter said to me a few weeks ago
do you think that this is His way of bringing you back? as l thought that l was not worthy any more of his Grace.

Melissa Crawford February 18, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Greetings friend, I’m Melissa Crawford and I appreciate the prophecy that I found on your webpage. My husband wanted me to invite you to share with our live video streaming e-revival audience as soon as possible. At Spirit University he is training a team of prophetic students and we are all receiving end time visions, dreams and words like yours. One of our students has been seeing fireballs falling from Heaven and as you know, recently one actually fell on Russia.

Many other prophetic signs are being confirmed at our e-Revival.

Everyone receives a prophetic word by my husband James Crawford; if they request one and we have an e-Revival every day! Today we had 33 live views during our live video streaming webcast. We would love to have you or anybody else’s prophecies shared at God’s revival!

Times you can call in to share:
Mon – Fri at 10:45 am & 7 pm (central)
Sat. 7 pm
Sun. 11 am

Feel free to call our cell at (318) 655-2297 or email james@world-hops.com for more information.

Keep up the good work and God bless you.