The instructions says that the first night, the pasta has to marinate overnight and then the rest of the ingredients were added the next day. But I will say that 3 days later, this salad was even better. At that point, I added a piece of chicken breast to it and made a meal out of it. I changed it up just a little, of course, but I don’t think it changed the flavor much.
LEMON PASTA SALAD
|LEMON PASTA SALAD|
- 1 box (12 oz) spaghetti noodles (can use gluten free options)
- 4 tbsp lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Accent
- 1 tbsp Seasoned Salt
- 1 small can of chopped black olives
- 1 -4 oz jar of pimentos
- 1 1/2 cup of thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped large jalepeno or 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts (optional)
- 1 cup Real Kraft Mayo
- Cook and drain your pasta.
- Marinate it overnight in the next four ingredients.
- The next day, add the mayo and veggies. The original recipe called for bell peppers but I only had 1 jalepeno so, that is what I used. Both were good choices. I also added the marinated artichoke hearts for kicks and grins. What isn’t better with artichokes. I loved the depth it added.
- This would be easy to make gluten-free by using different noodles and using gluten-free seasoned salt. I would not change up the seasoning. The flavor combination is a must!
Welcome to Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits at Permanent Posies and guest blogging with Grocery Shop for Free. We are joining together again to have fun with a recipe link-up. I hope you will join with us by linking at the end of this post with your great recipe and be sure to link back somewhere on your post. We have received really awesome ones in the past and I look forward to this weeks entries.
I may be linking up with some of the following bloggers this week:
Dr. Laura’s Tasty Tuesdays
Tuesdays at the Table
Tuesday Night Supper Club
This Week’s Cravings
Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays
Tasty Tuesdays with Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
Frugal Food Thursday
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Prairie Story Recipe Swap Thursday
Miz Helen’s Full Plate Thursday
Ultimate Recipe Swap Thursday
Pennywise Platter Thursday
Look What I Made
It’s a Keeper Thursday
Hookin’ Up With House of Hepworth
Thrilling Thursday Linky Party
Tip Day Thursday