Ode to a Special Occasion

by Permanent Posies on January 19, 2011

Last weekend was full of baby showers for daughter #3 and blessings abounded.  Oh my goodness!  Thought I would share photos of the first shower.  I don’t have the ones from the second one yet.

P1040213IMG_2888 IMG_2874 IMG_2872 IMG_2875 P1040218 IMG_2876 IMG_2877 P1040221 IMG_2928 P1040230 IMG_2885 P1040224IMG_2869 P1040222 P1040228 P1040255

So, instead of a game, we did a craft.  We decorated onesies and then, hung them on the wall.  That was so much fun.  And did I say that we had homemade cupcakes and cupcake toppers.

P1040256 IMG_2927

P1040257 P1040261

So this is my “O” post for Alphabet Thursday.  Hope you will go and check out the other bloggers.

Jenny Matlock

I am also hooking up with some other blog parties:
Hookin’ Up with HoH

Saturday Is Crafty Day

Tater Tots and Jello Weekend Wrap Up Party

Tickled Pink

Flaunt It Friday

Show and Tell Friday

Beverly Hoskins Koenig January 19, 2011 at 11:34 PM

OMG girl looks like a really fun shower….what cute decorations and the food looks delicious…a true Emily shower huh? I have a few pics from second shower and will get sent to you over the weekend.

Paige January 20, 2011 at 2:01 AM

Very nicely decorated. The cucumber water and cupcakes look DELICIOUS. :)

Theresa January 20, 2011 at 4:00 AM

What a good looking group and beautiful spread! The “onesies” are adorable!

tracy January 20, 2011 at 5:41 AM

I want to come to the next party – GORGEOUS…and what a great activity. so so cute!

Happier Than A Pig in Mud January 20, 2011 at 6:32 AM

Looks like you all had a nice time! Lovin’ the pretty cupcakes:@)

JDaniel4's Mom January 20, 2011 at 6:41 AM

I love the decorate onesies. They look so cute on the clothes line.

Jamie January 20, 2011 at 8:00 AM

What a fantastic party! I’m sure your daughter was so incredibly blessed by it. Um, my baby’s due the first of March…. You guys can come to my house ANY time!

claire January 20, 2011 at 9:56 AM

ohh myy gaaa! i am in awe of your ode!

looks amazing and precious!

Gattina January 20, 2011 at 10:52 AM

I didn’t know this use at all and only learned about it on blogs. It’s a wonderful idea, I wish I could introduce this here in Belgium.

Sue Anderson January 20, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Oh my gosh. Food, glorious food! Those cupcakes. The fruit skewers. (Okay, I need to eat breakfast!)

=)

Judith Smith January 20, 2011 at 12:07 PM

What a fantastic shower, Miss Em looks divine. Impressive array of food, drink, and gifts. It bodes well for Little Miss Merritt, I think. She will be so welcomed, well-dressed, and loved!

Rocky Mountain Woman January 20, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Lovely food, lovely decorations, lovely ladies…

What a fun time? The food looks amazing….

Freda January 20, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Congratulations to your daughter!

Judie January 20, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Wonderful pictures. The food table looks fabulous! The onesies are adorable, and your family is truly lovely.

Robin~All Things Heart and Home January 21, 2011 at 5:58 AM

Lovely lovely lovely! I’m planning a baby shower for my daughter and your ideas are just wonderful!
xo
Robin
All Things Heart and Home
ps…if you have a moment, I’d love for you to drop in on Wednesdays and link up some of you inspiration to my blog-party, All Things Inspired!
xo

Rocky Mountain Woman January 21, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Hi Susan,

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!

I answered your camera question on my blog, but I thought I’d come over and answer it again in case you forget to look on the blog because I do have a recommendation for you.

I use a Nikon D90 with a 18-55mm lens for food (and everything else) and I absolutely love it!

There’s a little more info on my blog about it…

xxoo,

RMW

jo January 21, 2011 at 5:38 PM

oh that looks like such a pretty baby shower! and the craft was such a cute idea!

fitty January 22, 2011 at 1:16 AM

this is so much! looks like you have a great time here and the food just delicious! yum!

H January 22, 2011 at 5:42 AM

Over here, we don’t do baby showers, so I’ve neither been to one nor hosted one. They look like a really good idea!

Jenny Matlock January 22, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Wow. I haven’t been to a baby shower in such a long time. This was wonderful. The details that someone put together are really outstanding. Everything was absolutely lovely.

Thanks for the smile and the sweet, sweet link to Alphabe-Thursday’s letter “O”.

Outrageously adorable.

A++++++++++++++++++++++

Maria@PersonalizedSketches January 23, 2011 at 12:40 AM

AW! A wonderful and great shower for your daughter! It looked like lots of fun! And everything was beautifully decorated.

Blessings & Aloha!
Our daughters hosted a little shower for their sorority sister and they had decorated onsies too :o ) They were in different sizes, so her little one was able to wear them from newborn and sizes to 12 months.