Baby Nursery Decorations

by Permanent Posies on January 9, 2011

Today was supposed to be my #3 daughter’s baby shower.  The food was purchased by the hostesses and the day’s schedule had been worked out by all involved.  However, our weather turned into winter, threatening icy roads and dangerous travel.

Nurse M & M (#3 daughter) happened to live in the area that was hit first and her doting husband became fearful that though they might make it to the party, the ice might prevent them from safely making it home.  He didn’t think it would be wise to endanger his growing baby so, the decision was made to cancel/postpone the shower.  Awwwwwww!  She was so disappointed, as were we all.

So, I thought I’d share some of her nursery photos.  All my girls have adorable kids rooms and maybe I will post some of those later.  But since today was supposed to be all about grandbaby #5 and because Nurse M made all of her decorations or, in the case of the wooden wall art, designed it, I thought it might be appropriate for a blog post.

First, the wooden bird that her father-in-law cut out, along with the flower shaped wooden valence……She covered these with fun papers.  She also made her little yarn wreath hanging over the round mirror.

photo 4

photo5

Next, her cute little birdie mobile, which she also made out of fun paper and a lamp shade and hung it from the ceiling.  In this one, the bed is assembled with bedding that was purchased on Etsy by Isla Corrine.  I love the iron bed that looks old, though it isn’t.

baby Merritt's mobile

Last, her new chair and shabby chic pink changing table/dresser.  She made the art work above it.

Emily's nursery3

Well, hopefully, the shower will be just as much fun next week and people can still attend.  These things happen, right?

Joining up with some blog parties:

peggy January 9, 2011 at 7:19 PM

stunning adorable !!!!!!! i love the bed perfect for a little girls room !!thanks so much for sharing!!you have a very talented family….

Beverly Hoskins Koenig January 9, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Honestly, I was a little disappointed as well but concerned about the weather and where she lives it was worse. Looking forward to next Sunday for a bigger and better shower. I have frozen punch base and meatballs so I’m all good with what I am bringing. We had gone to Blue Mesa for birthday brunch for some family members so I don’t think I could’ve enjoyed any of the good food LOL. Thanks for sharing the nursery pics again…Nurse M & M is one creative Mother to be…EVER and Baby M will have a most stylish nursery:). Love you!

Amanda @ House Revivals January 9, 2011 at 9:57 PM

So sorry about the shower being canceled! We had freaky weather here in the PNW, too. Hopefully, you will be able to reschedule the party soon.

The nursery is just precious, your daughter should be very proud!
~Amanda

Ashley January 10, 2011 at 1:43 PM

I didn’t hear that the shower was canceled…I hope she wasn’t to upset, I know how excited you can get when your the guest of honor. The room has turned out absolutely adorable! Thanks for posting pictures!

Billie Coburn January 10, 2011 at 8:15 PM

I stand in total awe of the grandchild of mine. And I thought I was creative………….I don’t hold a candle to her!

Emily January 10, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Mom, I don’t know if you remember, but the rose drawing (in the white mat and frame) above the changing table is one you did when I was in college. I love it so much and I’m so glad to have a girly room in which to hang it! :)

Valerie February 8, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Susan, now I see what you were talking about. How creative that girl is!!! Love it!

xmaggiex April 1, 2011 at 9:33 AM

hiya , wowo this is just adorable and like a magical room , tfs
xmaggiex

Baby Furniture May 4, 2011 at 6:14 AM

These are really amazing decoration.. I am glad I visited here and come to know about such a great designs.. The colors used are awesome and I will look forward to it..