Christmas Decorations

by Permanent Posies on November 29, 2010

J is officially for Jingle Bells….My favorite holiday!  I thought I would share a glimpse into Christmas anticipation at my house.  My tree is filled with a collection of ornaments that span my lifetime.   I have some from my mom’s tree when I was a child and some that my grandmother made.  I have some from different countries or states traveled by me or another family member.  I have some homemade by one of my children and some made by myself.  I have a collection of Santa ornaments and words of faith.  It is an eclectic tree and I love it.

P1030132 P1030134 P1030024
With 4 children, 4 in-law children, a husband and 5 grandchildren, my mantle won’t hold all the stockings so this year, I made an executive decision to hang one for each grandchild instead.  But, I have my stockings that my grandmother made each of my family members when I was a child and I have to display those around the living room.  They are all lovingly and meticulously handmade.

P1030048 P1030135 P1030137 P1030034 P1030138 P1030041 P1030044 P1030045 P1030030 P1030049 P1030141 P1030059 P1030036 P1030051 P1030053 P1030061 P1030052 P1030028
Maybe I will share more later.  but for now, I am linking up with Alphabet Thursday.
Jenny Matlock

Amanda @ House Revivals November 28, 2010 at 9:57 PM

I love your eclectic tree! Those are the best kind. You have so many wonderful treasures with lovely stories attached!

Jamie November 29, 2010 at 7:56 AM

Yay! ‘Tis the season for decorated houses! Your house looks beautiful.

I will not envy, I will not envy, I will not envy… I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving!

stef December 2, 2010 at 12:49 AM

What fun decorations. I love this time of year. It’s like our house is getting an extreme make-over. I wonder if it gets excited. Hmmmmmm

Sue December 2, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Wonderful memories in all of your special ornaments. Thanks for sharing your lovely home and Christmas decorations. Love that you have Stockings made by your grandmother. I’ve made my Grands Stockings, and I hope they treasure them as you have as the years go by. Jingle All The Way….great post for the Letter J.

Sue Anderson December 2, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Great decorations! I’m doing mine today…

=)

JDaniel4's Mom December 2, 2010 at 1:25 PM

I loved seeing your ornaments. I am going to be sharing some of mine next week.

Judie December 2, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Rod’s officially in charge of decorating at our house. If he saw yours, he would totally freak out!! Great post!

taylorsoutback December 2, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Your decorations are amazing! And since it looks like you are all ready for the holidays, how about coming to my house and and I’ll show you where the Christmas boxes are stored!!
Thank you for sharing – lovely pictures.

mle December 3, 2010 at 6:18 AM

How festive your house looks for the holidays! Getting your ornaments out must take you down memory lane every year – Love it!!

Sweet Jeanette December 4, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Oh yes, YES! Please share more pics. I just love Christmas decor!!! Don’t forget about my “Very Merry Christmas Party” Dec. 18-25th and link up your Christmas posts!!! Would love to see ‘em all!

Jenny Matlock December 5, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Oh my goodness. What a Christmas wonderland your home is. I love your traditions and the merry warmth in every corner of your home.

Your family was rejoice in the welcoming traditions they feel there.

Thank you for letting us tag along on our journey through Alphabe-Thursday.

This was a joyous stop.

A+

cold brew coffee maker amazon September 24, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thank you so much, However I am encountering
difficulties with your RSS. I don’t know the reason why I am unable to join it.
Is there anyone else getting similar RSS problems?
Anyone who knows the answer will you kindly respond?
Thanks!!