Fantasy Football Names

by Permanent Posies on October 27, 2010

Are you a Fantasy Football fan?  Well, I am not much of a fan myself, but I am quite intrigued with the team names.

I guess it is like branding yourself with a blog name.  How long did that take for you?  I thought for months….agonized….started out with my own name…..drafted….re-drafted….and finally came up with Permanent Posies.  I have a perfectly logical reason why I settled on something so mysterious.  (For which you will have read my About Me page…teehee)

But the point is (when your read about  it you will agree), it is a reasonable, applicable name for me.  I am an artist and my blog button is of a painting that my Uncle painted.  I started out to do art things on my blog….but I digress…..no pun intended.

So, you can imagine how disturbing it was to find out that my husband has labeled himself in world of Fantasy Football as Murder Incorporated.  Really?  Murder?  So, you are incorporated?

My son-in-law……Step-n-Fetch….What does that mean?  Is that a male chauvinist remark?  My son is Awesome 6.  Who are the six?  Is that his family of origin?  I think not.  (Ok….well….his is really cool and it has to do with the army and I would have to kill you if I told you…..or maybe I would sic Murder Inc on you.)

Son-in-law #3 has a team named That’s Enough Brett Favre.  Ok….that one makes sense to me.  I get it.  I agree with it, actually.  If you knew my son-in-law and could hear him say it, you would laugh.

I am uncertain about Victoria’s Secret.  I am going to chalk that up to him being deployed for the first year of his marriage.  Otherwise, I would question his leanings.

So that leads me to Panty Raiders.  I would feel more comfortable with that one if his wife wasn’t such a good friend…..and in my Sunday School class, no less.

Donkey Kong……he must be old.

Flomot Longhorns….unoriginal.  Game Changers….Ho Hum.  Goal Intentions….whatever.

Laces Out…..he might be funny….Ace Ventura Pet Detective reference.  Or….he is starting out making excuses for his losing season.  Hmmmmm

Oh….my husband just told me that Victoria’s Secret is really named Victorious Secret.  Ok….that is a little more manly….though……is his victory some big secret or is he one of the mamby pamby….everyone is a winner crap….type person…and his losing is NO BIG secret…hahaha…..only his victory….hahah.  Ok…I am cracking myself up.

Is it me or are the women’s leagues more creative?  Here are a few……Ms. Migraine, Hustle and Cuss, Karma Police, Sangria Sweetheart, Corn on the Kevin Cobb (creative}, Blitzing Beauty…..Grid Iron Garanimals…..oh yea…..that one rocks.  How about ‘Hard Knocks and Knee High Socks”?

This one is cute…..Long Little Doggies….She is an owner of Dachshunds.  Awww…..

My husband has reminded me that Fantasy Football is not supposed to be “cute”.

Ok….here are a couple of women I can relate to…..Insane Asylum and Insanity Clause.  I wouldn’t mind playing Fantasy Football with those women.  However, if I did play Fantasy Football, you might want to just commit me.

I am just saying…..

This is my “F” post for Alphabet Thursday and I think I may score a failing grade.

Come join my fellow Alphabet Thursday blogging buds…..and post an “F” post.  Come on.  You know you want to…..You won’t regret it.

Jenny Matlock

And…..I am joining another blog party….if they open it.  It is small and one of my favorites too.

Good, True & Beautiful

stef October 28, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Way too funny.

EG Wow, Canada October 28, 2010 at 2:43 AM

I’m not sure what fantasy football is. :) But I did enjoy reading your post about all the team names just the same!

JDaniel4's Mom October 28, 2010 at 6:53 AM

I don’t much about fantasy football. I love the Grid Iron Garanimals.

Tina October 28, 2010 at 7:37 AM

LOL! I’m a huge football fan, but don’t play fantasy. No idea they had such…unusual names for their teams!

Judie October 28, 2010 at 8:47 AM

I watch college football, mainly LSU, and I know what fantasy football is, but have never participated. The names are hilarious, though! Fun post!!

Crystal Gayle October 28, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Love it!

Rocky Mountain Woman October 28, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Pretty funny!

We have an office fantasy football league and the names are hilarious…

gabe October 28, 2010 at 1:16 PM

I had to stop by because we have a little fantasy leauge of our own. . .my name. . .the blue unicorns. . .my seven year old came up with that one!

My fav of our names is my son The Champion. . .he is so very confident and self-assured!

Mimi October 28, 2010 at 2:41 PM

I’ve never really “gotten” the whole fantasy football thing & these names make it even more odd to me, lol!

I’m stopping by from the Over 40 bloggers group.

Mimi

Christy October 28, 2010 at 4:37 PM

I have no idea what fantasy football is – but the names surely don’t help a bit. I wonder what people are thinking sometimes when they name kids – kinda like the fb teams! Great post!

Dian @ Grocery Shop For FREE October 28, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Ok, this had me laughing out loud for real! What would YOUR team name be, if you had one? That’s what i want to know!
Dian

Billie Coburn October 28, 2010 at 5:45 PM

This cracked me up! It’s pretty obnoxious to be around this room full of my favorite male relatives who are so fervently passionate and vocal to the max about Fantasy Football when I really had rather talk about whatever craft we, the girls, are into!

jo October 28, 2010 at 9:25 PM

oh you will get a good grade, that was a funny post! and yes, the woman’s names were far more creative!

Jenny Matlock October 31, 2010 at 7:36 PM

I loved this post!

I never knew there was such a variety of names for Fantasy Football and some of them totally cracked me up!

I’ll have to send a link to this post to my step-son. He is really into FF…

I am really into FF, too, but only when it stands for French Fries!

Thanks for linking to Alphabe-Thursday.

A+